Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Best Friend's Girl

Who: Jaclyn
What: My Best Friend's Girl
Where: AMC (in MI)
Why: Dane Cook!

Ok, so if you've read any of my posts involving Dane Cook you know I'm a fan. So of course, I was excited to see this movie. That is, until I saw the movie.

The premise is simple: Tank Turner (Dane Cook) is a jerk. Men pay him to "woo" their exes so they will see what great guys they were. You'd think this would be full of wacky antics but it's really not. He's really quite the bastard.

His cousin, Dustin (Jason Biggs) is in love with his co-worker Alexis (Kate Hudson) and wants Tank to work his magic on her. Unfortunately, this backfires and Tank and Alexis really hit it off.
Of course there's anger between the two of them and when Alexis finds out about the scheme, she's infuriated.

The acting from Jason Biggs is really bad. Not that I expected an Oscar worthy performance but he didn't even live up to Jim standards from American Pie. That is truly tragic.

Overall, I enjoyed it because it was Dane, but it's pretty raunchy and somewhat dull.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I've been waiting for you to see this movie!!

Jaclyn said...

Haha, I saw it when I was um, sick. ;) I just got around to blogging it.

Amber said...

I'm glad you're not sick anymore. ;0)

You know - you are a horrible influence on me. I'm starting to have a mini-crush on Dane Cook. What is happening to me?!?