Monday, October 13, 2008

The Big Lebowski

Who:  Amber & Jonathan
What:  The Big Lebowski
Where:   @ home - free Starz weekend
Why:  Jonathan picked it

I've heard so much about this movie, but I've never seen it.  I wasn't impressed.  Maybe I just don't get these 'weird' movies.  Or maybe it's a Coen Brother's thing that I don't get.  Either way, this isn't my kind of movie.  But don't listen to me - this seems to be a cult classic!

"Dude" Lebowski is a slacker.  The movie opens with 2 guys breaking into his house and demanding the money!  One guy dunks him in his toilet (gross!) and another guy pees on his rug.  Then the bad guys realize that this isn't the Mr. Lebowski they are looking for.  They want a millionaire Lebowski, and "Dude" is a total slacker!

Dude is annoyed by his stained rug.  He goes to the millionaire Lebowski's house to ask for a new rug, since it was kind-of his fault that his was peed on.

One thing leads to another and Dude and his moronic friend (a hilarious, potty mouth John Goodman) are in the middle of a random drop.  It's botched, and everybody wants to know where the money is.  There are 3 different groups of people after the money.  In addition, Leboowski bowls a lot!  That's basically the plot of the movie.

Make a special note of the GIANORMOUS cell phone that Lebowski has.

No comments: