Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Star Trek


Who: Scott & Kerri
What: STAR TREK
Where: Showplace 14, Machesney Park, IL
Why: Cause we were kidless and wanted to see a movie

I must preface this - I am NOT a Trekkie. I repeat I am not a Trekkie. I'm totally a Star Wars Girl. Although had this movie come out when I was a kid instead of that first piece of crap Trek movie, I would have been all in. This movie Rocked!

Even though I'm not a Trekkie, I know a "little" about the Star Trek Universe, but I don't know the ins and outs. Like I cracked up at "Dammit Jim I'm a Doctor not a Physicist." But was like "Spock's half human, did I know this?"

Just so you know where I'm coming from on this.

Again, This movie flippin Rocked!

It was fun, the effects were great, it had a lot of humor without being a parody of itself. It had action without making you feel worn out. There was really great character development, it let those of us who weren't born Klingon feel that we got a chance to know the characters and didn't feel left out of the film.

It starts off with James T Kirk being born, following him and Spock both through their childhoods with some quick scenes, where they meet at an Academy, and are suddenly thrust into action on the USS Enterprise. Did I mention the effects were great?? Did I mention it also made me laugh?

I don't want to really say too much more as to give the plot away, although everyone else in the world has probably already scene it, but for you three that haven't, GO WATCH NOW! We'll wait for you.

Are you back? Wasn't it great?

(Am I the only Star Wars Geek that was waiting for Han to show up on the snowy planet? That was HOTH wasn't it? ;) sorry, I digress)

3 comments:

Amber said...

I keep hearing that this was a great movie. I haven't seen 1 minute of anything Star Trek, so I hate to start now ...

Bill said...

I've only seen a handful of "Star Trek" episodes myself, but I enjoyed this movie. Melanie has been a fan of the shows and movies since she was a child. She first watched the reruns every evening with her Dad.

RR said...

I secretly wanted to see this movie but I knew I would have to find the right person to see it with. Not everyone will go to this movie. I was really surprised how good this movie was. I have followed the Star Trek Series from a far. I am not a trekkie at all but I enjoy the show once in a while. This movie had a nice mix of old and new and twists and turns that made it very interesting to watch.