Sunday, May 31, 2009

Up

Who:  Amber & Jonathan
What:  UP
Where:  AMC Pleasure Island
Why:  It's Pixar!

I had been seeing previews and photos for UP for about 8 months now.  Since it was Pixar, I knew it would be good, but I wasn't so sure about the story and if it would be as good as all the other Pixar movies.

And, as a friend mentioned to me today, if I told you the plot and the funny scenes of the movie, it would just seem ridiculous and lame.  But the movie is WONDERFUL.

Maybe because I'm such a sap for seeing movies with cute old couples who have been happily married for ever ... or maybe because my life is kind-of like Carl and Elle Fredrickson.  They are happy to be around each other, and they happily just live their lives.  They aren't really extravagant or noteworthy.  They just build a home for themselves and enjoy being married.

If you don't really want to see UP, or if you're embarrassed that you want to see UP, but your friends won't see it with you, I highly encourage you to at least watch the first 15 minutes.  After that, you're ok to leave.

Also, the classic Pixar short film before the the movie is adorable.  I think it might be my favorite yet!

Go see this movie immediately!!!  Adults will love the romance, kids will love the adventure.  It's a win/win!

2 comments:

Traci said...

I agree Amber, it was a very heart warming movie and the Pixar short at the beginning, hilarious1

Bill said...

Melanie and I loved "Up". As we were leaving the theater, we heard more than a few people comment that they could come back and see this movie again.