Sunday, November 2, 2008

Grindhouse - Planet Terror

Who:  Amber & Jonathan
What:  Grindhouse - Planet Terror
Where:  @ home - free HBO weekend
Why:  I've been dying to see it!

Let's just say, I can see why Grindhouse didn't make any money at the box office.  This sucker is long!  I only watched the first movie, and I was tired.  I don't think I could've handled seeing both movies at the same time.

Planet Terror is the movie with the girl with the machine gun for a leg.  I know you know what I'm talking about!

It was actually a pretty cool movie.  There is a crazy radiation leak, and it turns pretty much everybody into a zombie.  There are a handful of people who are immune (for some reason), and they go around killing zombies.  The zombies can be killed (I think), if you blow them away with a powerful gun.  Luckily everybody seems to have an incredibly powerful gun.

When I say killing zombies, I mean blowing them apart.  I think I saw more blood in this movie than at a blood bank.  Who knew a gunshot to the chest made you explode?
Did I mention there was a chick with a machine gun for a leg?

Grindhouse was supposed to be a throw back to stupid 70's horror movies.  So sometimes the screen is kind-of fuzzy, you see film real lines, and during a sex scene (w/ machine gun leg chick), the 'film reel' actually melts.

This movie ends, I think, at Tulum in Mexico.  It's where Jonathan and I visited during our last Disney Cruise.  If it's not Tulum, it looks just like it.

If you have FOREVER to kill, then check out Grindhouse.  If you only have 1.5 hours to kill, then check out Planet Terror.  It's worth it just to see what happens to Quinten Terrintino's wang.  Ouch!  Seriously ...

No comments: