Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Strongest Man in the World

Who:  Amber & Jonathan
What:  The Strongest Man in the World
Where:  @ home on cable
Why:  Classic Disney!

In the age of steroids in sports, this movie is a little less funny than it probably was back in the '70s.   I mean, these kids are eating cereal spiked with some sort of crazy science formula, and they can suddenly clean and jerk over 1000lbs.  But I digress ...

Disney has taken us back to Medford College (which, I believe was the setting for another Kurt Russell Disney classic The Smartest Man in the World).  The dean of Medford is a total bonehead, and he needs to cut costs quickly.  Getting rid of the super cool science professor should do the trick!  He's always spending way too much money to silly science experiments.

Walking into the science classroom, he find a cow.  He is flabbergasted!  (He's pretty much flabbergasted the entire movie).  The Dean causes a ruckus, which causes the cow to go a little nuts, and 2 science experiments get mixed together and spill into some cereal.

Pan to the next day, when Kurt Russell is eating cereal.  His head hurts, he winces, and smoke comes out of his nose.  Pretty weird huh?  He tries to tie his shoe, and he tears the laces right off.  He pulls the doorknob right off the door.  He dunks a basketball and breaks the rim right off!  What the heck is going on?!?

It's the cereal mixed with science experiment!  It made him incredibly strong.  He tells the dean, who immediately goes into nutso mode.  This could make a ton of money for the school. He takes the "spiked" cereal to the head of the cereal manufacturer, eats some, and demonstrates how strong he all of a sudden is.

Naturally, the cereal manufacturer is thrilled.  And, naturally, she challenges a rival cereal manufacturer to a weigh lifting match.  She can't loose with her 'spiked' cereal!!  (how silly is this movie)

Of course, things don't go as planned.   The Medford kids are all really scrawny, the rival college guys are professional bodybuilders.  Medford is getting crushed in the competition, because the cereal mysteriously doesn't work anymore.

Can Kurt Russell save the day?!?

5 comments:

Bill said...

The college name is acually Medfield and was the setting for "The Absent Minded Professor", "Son of Flubber", and the Kurt Russell college trilogy of "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes", "Now You Him, Now You Don't" and "The Strongest Man in the World". They're all classic Disney comedies and still fun to watch.

Amber said...

Medfield - I knew that.

I didn't realize the same college was the setting for all those movies. Actually, I've never seen any of them, so I guess it's ok that I didn't know that.

Young Kurt Russell is a cutie.

Anonymous said...

hello friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices for the boots are all over 190 bucks on every site. But completely I bring about this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good day everyone. I'm really into shoes and I had been searching for that exact make. The prices as regards the shoes were around 240 dollars on every site. But for all I base this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you tell me about these?